Service Delivery Manager
Manchester – Hybrid
Up to £60,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Hi, were cinch! cinch is transforming the UK’s car buying experience. We’re taking one of the last industries to go digital and disrupting it with trailblazing tech and beautifully-simple customer experiences. Now as we accelerate from start-up to scale-up, we’re hiring talented, ambitious, and passionate people to join us and drive our success.
Why join cinch? We’re dedicated to building and being a great technology business. Together, we’re creating a supportive, non-bureaucratic culture that is every bit as faff-free as our online customer experience, where communication is open, decisions are made quickly, and everybody has the freedom to bring in new ideas.
Do you have a passion for service, relationships and continuous improvement? We're looking for a new service delivery manager to join our growing service delivery team. This role is to help build our service management capabilities across both internal IT and our product engineering (Tribes and Squads) teams. You will have an understanding of best practices and an appreciation of process – but able to adapt, learn and experiment in different ways of working as we build our business. It’s a challenging role – you will collaborate across many teams and departments to guide and embed service management frameworks and processes to improve service to cinch customers as well as internal colleagues.
What you’ll be working on
- Interacting and building relationships with stakeholders, delivery managers, product owners, tech leads and principles across cinch to understand existing services, components and dependencies.
- Design, implement and continuously improve new and existing service management frameworks.
- Support the onboarding of new services and major releases, considering supportability and service levels.
- Support supplier management with the onboarding of new 3rd parties, ensuring alignment to existing services and SLA’s as well as ongoing performance management and service reviews.
- Take ownership and drive improvement of key processes such an incident/request mgmt., out of hours support and major incident management (including post incident reviews).
- Working across teams, support the creation of a service availability framework, considering service level objectives and service level indicators.
- Act as a subject matter expert on service management to guide and embed service management capabilities across the wider cinch community.
- Leading on the design and implementation of service management reporting, on KPI’s and metrics such as availability, uptime, SLO’s, SLA’s etc.
- Working with internal IT to define acceptance criteria of new IT services, as well as transitioning existing services into live IT operational support.
- Develop an understanding of internal IT services, building relationships with internal stakeholders to define service level agreements, measure performance whilst ensuring value.
- Ensure that key internal IT processes such as starter/mover/leaver/asset and configuration are efficient and measured.
Things we look for in you
- A proven track record in all aspects of Service Delivery (design to operational support) operating in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of working in a devops environment.
- An excellent communicator with an ability to challenge constructively, set expectations and influence decisions.
- You enjoy building relationships across all levels of the business.
- Excellent organisation and multitasking skills.
- Experience of working with development teams to implement service management frameworks, alerting and reporting mechanisms.
- An appreciation and (desirable qualification in) best practices frameworks such as ITIL, with experience in adapting & developing them to fit business needs.
- Experience of the design, implementation and continuous improvement of business processes resulting in value.
- You thrive in an environment where there’s a lot to do and looking for a place where you can have an immediate, meaningful impact.
- Passion above all else, you are pragmatic, sociable, with an appetite for learning and self-improvement.
Diversity and inclusion
cinch wants to help all kinds of people in the UK find and buy a car. So it makes good sense to have all kinds of people working with us on the challenge. Conversations and the decisions they lead to are better for featuring different voices. Representation matters.
And doing your job while not being your authentic self is not faff-free. Being free to be the best of who you are as you soar to professional greatness is the kind of business we commit to creating, as one.Apply for this role