Manchester – Hybrid
Hi! We're cinch, a fresh kind of service that makes life easier for motorists. We know what drivers want, so we’ve ripped up the rule book to make sure they get it, faff-free!
Our mission – It’s simple, to take out all the irritations and hold-ups that make changing cars trickier than it needs to be.
With backing of BCA, a large national automotive group, this is a very unique opportunity to join a scale-up in the early stages of our growth and to join a brand that you’ll be proud to have played a key part in building.
Location – Our product and tech teams are based in the heart of Manchester whilst our marketing and operations departments are based in Surrey; we're a friendly bunch and always make sure we have time to meet up.
You – So, do you have a faff-free filter? Do you want to work in an energetic team, with open-mindedness and passion? We're looking for people who are agile, full of ideas and want to challenge the norm.
what you’ll be working on
– Building the future of our AWS, React, Node, TypeScript, serverless, event driven applications
– Working with your squad to craft a site that’s easy to innovate within and loved by our customers
– Contributing to our collaborative DevOps culture, being responsible for your code from design to deployment and support
– Continually identifying areas for improvement through refactoring code, process or working methods
– Pushing the boundaries, questioning the status quo, ensuring what we are doing and what we are building is the very best it can be
things we look for in you
– Deep understanding of web applications and the surrounding stacks
– Experience building and supporting public cloud apps. (We use Typescript, but experience in other languages is fine)
– Experience with any of the following a bonus:
– Serverless compute such as Lambdas or Functions
– Serverless Framework
– NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or Mongo
– Understand the importance of driving quality into code through test automation
– Familiar with event modelling and event driven architectures
– E-commerce experience a bonus
– Care about the product life cycle and the lifetime value of the customer
– You want to grow within your career and are looking for a place that lets you have immediate, meaningful impact
– Pragmatic and deliver thoughtful, awesome solutions to solve business problems
– Have had experience or want to have experience working in diverse, cross functional agile teams
– Passionate about software development, sociable, with a great appetite for learning and self-improvement
what you'll get in return
– Competitive Salary depending on experience
– Annual bonus
– 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays
– Stakeholder pension
– Employee discount and reward scheme
– Flexible home working with some days a month in the office post pandemic
Diversity and inclusion
cinch wants to help all kinds of people in the UK find and buy a car. So it makes good sense to have all kinds of people working with us on the challenge. Conversations and the decisions they lead to are better for featuring different voices. Representation matters.
And doing your job while not being your authentic self is not faff-free. Being free to be the best of who you are as you soar to professional greatness is the kind of business we commit to creating, as one.Apply for this role